L. Raymond

Default Falling cheesecake

Steve Ritter > wrote:

> This time, the cheesecake is still chilling and came out great. And did
>not fall. The taste was fantastic, just licking the bowl told me that. It
>looks great.
>
> The difference: The recipe calls to bake the crust of graham crackers at
>350F for 10 minutes and add the filling to the cooled pan and bake it at
>250 for 1 hour. Let the heat out, and leave the cheesecake in there for
>another hour, then chill.

Similar to my recipe, except I don't like gragham cracker crusts so
I use a lemon pastry. It gets baked at 400 for about 8 minutes,
cooled, then the filling is added.

> The big difference I see is the temperatures. I'll repost his recipe here
>so you can see what I mean. The fact is, that it is baked well, and did not
>fall at all.

I'll have to try these lower temps. I'm going to be making several
cheesecakes soon for a little glaze-tasting party, so I'll have plenty
of chances to experiment with different settings.

>Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Place cheesecake into a preheated
>water bath, in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and open the door for
>one minute. Close the door for one more hour. Remove the cheesecake from
>the water bath and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to completely cool
>before serving.

This is an idea a guest and I were just discussing, whether I should
put the pan into a larger pan of water. Also I see he suggests here
opening the oven for just a minute. I've tried not opening the door
at all, or opening it for about 3-4 minutes. I'll have to try this
shorter time, I guess.

Thanks for these ideas; several things I'll have to try now.
--

L. Raymond