L. Raymond

Default Falling cheesecake

I'm wondering if anyone can offer hints as to how to prevent a
cheesecake from falling. When it bakes (12 mins. at 450 degrees
followed by 55 mins. at 300), it expands to almost a half inch above
the rim of the pan, but I've never been able to cool it without having
it fall about 1/4 inch below the rim. Actually, if I could keep it
from expanding so much to begin with, I suspect that would help, but I
don't know what to adjust. It still tastes fine, and everyone who's
eaten some always takes several pieces home, but I think it's too
dense at the end.
Besides vanilla and lemon extract, the ingredients include 40 oz.
cream cheese, 3 T flour, 1.75 C sugar, 4-5 eggs + 2 yolks and 1/4 C
cream.

--

L. Raymond