Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Krueger[_1_] Dan Krueger[_1_] is offline

Default Smoked Sailfish

kilikini wrote:

> "Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>
>>WhansaMi wrote:
>>
>>>"Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
thlink.net...

>>>Dan, could you post a recipe for a good smoked fish dip? I'd love to

> try
>
>>>it!
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>
>>>Sheila
>>>

>>Smoked Fish Dip
>>
>> * 1 ½ cups crumbled smoked fish
>> * 1/2 cup milk
>> * 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
>> * 1/4 cup finely minced onion
>> * 1 stalk finely chopped celery
>> * 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
>> * 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
>> * 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
>> * Cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
>>
>>Put the smoked fish in a medium bowl and add the milk. Cover and chill
>>for 30 minutes to an hour. Stir in the cream cheese, onion, celery,
>>parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne, salt and pepper
>>to taste.
>>Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours until flavors have blended.
>>Serve with your favorite crackers.

> Sounds pretty darn easy. I've got just about all the ingredients, too.
> Thanks, Dan!
>
> kili

I like to go a bit heavier on the fish and often skip the fresh parsley
and add a bit of the dried variety. I have also used a dash of onion
powder if I didn't have a fresh onion to chop up.

I'm not a fan of Mayo based smoked fish dips. This is the best I've
found so far. Bring on any others!

Dan