Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
William Frazier William Frazier is offline

Default Blackberry port and how to extract juices

Adam - I suggest going to Lum's site http://www.geocities.com/lumeisenman/.
Look at his berry port recipe and method under fruit wines. This looks like
a good way to make port-style wines. I made a Baco Noir port two years ago.
I used Everclear grain alcohol and very cold temperature to stop
fermentation. The wine is still bulk aging and has retained an alcoholic
flavor I don't care for. You may have the same problem using sherry to bulk
up the alcohol and I would consider brandy in lieu of sherry if you do use
spirits to increase alcohol. I would consider keeping the bananas in the
recipe to add body to the wine.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA