Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] jesskidden@LYC0S.C0M is offline

Default Gas grill side burner question

So, I usually cook on a Kamado, but I have a cheapo Fiesta gas grill I
use for side dishes and for the wife to make quick lunch burgers/hot
dogs (and, since the house came with an electric range and oven, cooking
and heating snow for water when the power goes out in the winter <g>).

The Fiesta has a side burner- the gas connects to the tank with a "T"
connector, one hose goes to the grill, one hose goes to the side burner.
This spring, the side burner is burning real inefficently- large 4-6"
yellow flame that puts an incedible amount of carbon dust on the bottom
of my wok, etc. The propane doesn't seem to come out of the burner
holes with the same pressure (it even sound weak or slow before
lighting). Is it worth taking the burner assembly apart for cleaning or
more likely a problem with the on/off valve? (The grill side seems to
work fine, so I don't think it's a matter of the tank or the safety
feature).