The Ranger

Default Roach Coach Etiquitte?

Nancy Young > asked in message
> The Ranger wrote:
> >
> > John Gaughan > wrote in message

> > > The more important question is, why order from a roach coach?
> > > I do not know about the rest of you guys but I value my health.
> > > I do not trust those things.
> > >

> > Puh-shah! That's silly.
> >
> > The roach coaches around the businesses I've worked are cleaner
> > than many of the local restaurants. Besides, some of the best togo
> > food I've eaten has been at these things! One couple (Vietnamese)
> > prepped some of the BEST spring rolls and hot sauces! I was
> > placing an order five days a week. Then I changed jobs. The next
> > roach coach was a taco dealer! Darned good eats, dude!
> >

> Don't you think they'd be easier to keep roach free than a building?

Yes but roaches and other vermin can unwittingly be brought into a place
through the boxed items that are carried aboard. But, as a rule, I'm not
nearly as worried about the cleanliness of these cafes on wheels as some of
the more dank-n-dark hole in the wall places I've discovered.

> Well, the truck used to come by every morning and every lunch,
> people would watch out for it, the truck is here! Where else to
> get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a bagel, toasted or not,
> maybe an egg and cheese sandwich, whatEVER, for breakfast,
> or a variety of decent food at lunch?
>
> Like a rolling diner. And when you work in a place where there
> is no cafeteria, it's a godsend.

Indeed! And when they make even halfway-decent food, the wait can be
excruciatingly long! The Vietnamese couple would spend 30 minutes at our
place in the morning and then over 60 at lunch! The line was longer than
Togo's* around the corner.

The Ranger

*Togo's Sandwiches; local franchise that is very popular.