Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@ij.net is offline

Default Oven 'barbecued' memphis style dry ribs - question

On 22-May-2006, Ringo > wrote:

> On Mon, 22 May 2006 10:29:13 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
> >Abe wrote:
> >> Please don't flame me, I just don't have the WSM ready to go yet, but
> >> had a hankerin' for some oven "bbq" ribs. I have a question about
> >> temperature.

> >This is best asked on rec.food.cooking. Why not just call your
> >concoction
> >oven roasted ribs? Not all cooked ribs have to be bbq -- sometimes I
> >like
> >to throw some ribs into a crockpot with sauerkraut. If you get "flamed",
> >
> >it's because of the use of "bbq" even in quotations, not the method of
> >cooking.
> >
> >BTW, if you fear that liquid smoke will bring about a negative response,
> >"touch" is not a defense that will make it more acceptable to those to
> >whom
> >it is anathema. No more so than trying to explain to a judge that you are
> >
> >not guilty because you only committed a "touch" of murder.
> >
> >As I said, this is a question best asked in the appropriate NG;
> >especially
> >if you aren't trolling and want a genuine, flame-free response. YMMV.

> Why don't you STFU you ignorant old coot. He asked a question about
> temperature, if you don't know the answer why the hell did you bother
> to answer him? Oh, thats right, everyone except your little group are
> trolls. what a dumbass...

The name of this group is alt.food.barbcue. What is it that you don't
understand about BBQ? BBQ by definition in this group is not done
in an oven. BBQ by definition includes fire and smoke. If you can't
handle that, you can expect to be treated rudely in this group. Dave
(Politely) referred the OP to the appropriate group. Dave is a long
way from an "Old Coot".

--
Brick(Found a motor..Trying to get it started.)