Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mordechai Housman[_1_] Mordechai Housman[_1_] is offline

Default Problem with my apple pie

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Mordechai Housman" > wrote in message
>> I have been making simple apple pie, and I can't seem to get it the
>> way
>> my mother used to make it.
>>
>> It always comes out to dry. My mother's apple pie used to have some
>> delicious liquid with it, and I can't figure out how to do it.
>>
>> My problem is with the filling. I use:
>>
>> Two or three fresh apples
>> Apple pie filling from a can
>> Sugar
>> Corn starch.
>>
>> What might I be doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Mordechai Housman
>>

> I am wondering why you are using fresh apples plus apple
> pie filling from a can.

Well, a guest at our home a while back backed an apple pie while I
watched and learned. She used that mix (by the way, I forgot to mention
the margarine that dab here and there on the apples), and her pie came
out delicious. So did mine the first few times I made it.

But that was a bunch of years ago, and I've forgotten how she made it so
delicious. Plus, I harken back to my own mother's apple pie when I was
young. Come to think of it, though my mother didn't use canned apple pie
filling, as far as I recall.