hahabogus

Default How long is oil good for?

Default > wrote in
:

> I'm using canola oil in a deep fry machine to make french fries... how
> long should I keep/reuse the oil? Is it more a function of use or
> time? Is there an easy way to tell when the oil needs to be changed?

If the oil smells off. If the oil smokes excessivly. If the oil is way
darker than when it frirst went in the deep fryer and if the oil has
absorbed a flavour from the foods cooked (ie fish). Canola oil is normally
good for about a year. But frying at temps near it's smoking point lowers
it's smoking point.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.