Posted to alt.food.barbecue
MonopTN MonopTN is offline

Default Helpful hints for bbq

Rick F. wrote:
>I cook a brisket in the oven (in a roasting pan)
> at 200 degrees until it has about an hour left to cook. Then I transfer
> it to a smoker to finish cooking.

I usually boil mine for 30 minutes, cook in the microwave for another 15
min, then slather it with the super secret BBQ sauce. It tastes just
like you cooked it for 20 hours. However, the sauce is SO good, I've
found that really there is no need to cook anything. I just rummage
through the closet, find an old shoe or shirt, and cover with sauce.
The results are impressive!

--
Greetings from the Hog and Hominy State!