Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Broken Egg In Carton

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "tofuqueen" > wrote:
>
> > Now....back to the broken egg in the carton. I don't eat eggs and I'd
> > probably worry about contamination :-) I do buy eggs for my daughter I
> > just buy the organic ones. Should eggs always be washed off before
> > using them?

> It's probably not a bad idea, but I don't.

Unless purchased direct from the farmer eggs sold in the US have
already had their shells washed, sanitized, and coated with a
protectorate... any home washing will only help cause contamination...
do not wash eggs.

Everything you need to know about egg handling can be found he
http://www.aeb.org

Sheldon