Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default Best Beef cut for Burger

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:58:20 -0500, Steve Wertz wrote:

> On 22 Apr 2006 13:42:07 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:

>>> Waste of ribeye...
>>>
>>> If you have to grind ribeye to eat it, you need a new set of dentures. ;-)

>> Besides being too tender (makes mushy burgers) ribeye is the most
>> mildly flavored beef cut... it's the choice of those who really don't
>> like the flavor of beef...

> We've heard your ribeye spiel before, and you're just as much
> full of shit back then as you are now.
>
> -sw

Ribeye is no doubt a very "soft to the bite" cut. That is why I always
order or buy NY Strip choice or prime. I don't like the "softness" of the
ribeye as well as the more "al dente" (for lack of a better discription)
NY strip.

To me the flavor of the ribeye is not a "hearty" as the NY Strip or chuck
for that matter. If you want to just be fashionable in an obscene sorta
way grind some tenderloin.