Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scrambled eggs with mayo?

Ward Abbott wrote:

> >> Mayo is JUST FAT. Most of us use butter...mayo adds a different
> >> flavor dimension.

> >Mayo is made with egg yolks and oil with an emulsifier and a bit of
> >seasoning. It is high in fat, but not just fat.

> You must have a different "bottle" of Hellmann's Mayo.
>
> MY Hellmann's (the ONLY brand of mayo I use, along with most of the
> free world) list ingredients as: soybean OIL, water, whole eggs and
> egg yolks, vinegar, salt, sugar, etc, etc.

Yes, my JAR of Hellmans indicated that the primary ingredient is OIL. It has
all those other high fat ingredients. is not JUST fat.

> I am positive YOU know that the FIRST ingredient in any packaged
> product it the most prevalent...and reducing in quantity as listed.

I KNOW that the FIRST ingredient is the MOST PREVALENT, I also KNOW that the
MOST PREVALENT ingredient is not THE ONLY ingredient.

> I repeat....MAYO is JUST FAT.....my people call it soybean OIL.

And looking at the ingredients that YOU posted I will thank you for proving my
point that it is not all fat.

> Did you notice that WATER precedes whole eggs and egg yolks? Check
> your facts first.

Yes, I saw that. The last time I checked WATER was not ALL FAT.
I can check that fact for you if you insist, but I am counting on you realizing
how stupid that sounds before I bother.

> The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
> Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures
> may not be consistent with what you know to be true.

FWIW, I seldom use mayo. If I am counting on doing something with mayo, I make
it, and the recipe I use has egg yolks and olive oil with some bustard, salt
and pepper.

> As with any recipe, you may find your personal
> intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!

LOL You talk about recipes and then cite the label on your mayo jar.