Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ward Abbott Ward Abbott is offline

Default Scrambled eggs with mayo?

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:11:17 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Ward Abbott wrote:
>

>> >I was recently looking at posts in another group and came across a food
>> >blog in which the writer described and photographed making the best
>> >scrambled eggs ever - with mayo

>> Mayo is JUST FAT. Most of us use butter...mayo adds a different
>> flavor dimension.

>Mayo is made with egg yolks and oil with an emulsifier and a bit of
>seasoning. It is high in fat, but not just fat.

You must have a different "bottle" of Hellmann's Mayo.

MY Hellmann's (the ONLY brand of mayo I use, along with most of the
free world) list ingredients as: soybean OIL, water, whole eggs and
egg yolks, vinegar, salt, sugar, etc, etc.

I am positive YOU know that the FIRST ingredient in any packaged
product it the most prevalent...and reducing in quantity as listed.

I repeat....MAYO is JUST FAT.....my people call it soybean OIL.

Did you notice that WATER precedes whole eggs and egg yolks? Check
your facts first.

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures
may not be consistent with what you know to be true.

As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!