Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Steeping tea in milk segue into Menghai

writes:

> Michael wrote:
> > Speaking of which, talk to us about your 12 year old green Menghai.

> Brewed in my beloved, leaky 5$ Yixing pot itīs mellow and complex, a
> pretty dense, "round" and savory spectrum with sweet notes of algae
> and warm spices, delicate flashes of clove, very dynamic through the
> steeps, sweet and silky almost creamy lingering aftertaste.

I think I know (and love) what you mean by algae: the taste and smell
of a freshwater pond in summer. For years I've thought that, if by
some miracle - which might be good or bad - our vocabulary for
describing tea gets standardized, the word for this will be "pondy".

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /