Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Putting frozen steaks on the grill?

sf wrote:
> "Mitch wrote:
>
> > We bought 25 pounds of steaks this week. The guy said to just put the
> > frozen steaks on a hot grill, 3 minutes per side, and then cook them
> > to taste.
> >
> > I'm a little skeptical of this...I've always thawed my meat before
> > grilling.
> >
> > Any comments on this?

> I've grilled frozen steaks before and like doing it that way because I
> like my steak charred on the outside and very rare on the inside.
> However, I don't freeze them anymore. I just buy what I'm going to
> eat in the next day or two.

Excellent, one should never freeze tender beef, steaks or roasts. I
won't freeze chuck steaks that I intend to grill either, not even
ground beef, especially not ground beef. The only beef that should be
frozen is that which is going to be stewed/braised.

Sheldon