Posted to rec.food.cooking
LT[_1_] LT[_1_] is offline

Default Putting frozen steaks on the grill?

> We bought 25 pounds of steaks this week. The guy said to just put the
> frozen steaks on a hot grill, 3 minutes per side, and then cook them
> to taste.
>
> I'm a little skeptical of this...I've always thawed my meat before
> grilling.
>
> Any comments on this?

I've done this a time or two when there wasn't time to thaw, but it's tricky
if they are fairly thick. If you put thick ones on high heat (sear factor)
then you may overcook the outside, and still have cold or even frozen
insides. If you do on lower heat... well we know what that can do. So if
thin, no problem, if thick, thaw if possible.

Larry T