Posted to rec.food.cooking
hubert liverman hubert liverman is offline

Default School Cafeteria Recipes - Comfort or Discomfort Food?

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > "Rusty" > wrote:
> > > years ago. At least I don't see any recipes for gelatin with

vegetables
> > > or fruit embedded in it. The recipes are in PDF format and are for 50

> > > -Rusty

> > Hey, hey, hey!! Careful there!
> > http://www.nfsmi.org/Information/sch...cipes/C-11.pdf
> > --
> > -Barb

> Yuk! It's a recipe titled, "Orange-Pineapple Gelatin" with bits of
> pineapple and chopped nuts.
>
> I missed that. Now that's a clear case of child abuse.
>
> ;-)
>
> -Rusty

In my area it was billed as Jell-O Supreme.
No matter the Jell-O flavor nor fruit, it was always topped with a
teaspoonful of mayonnaise and a half cherry.
It is a credit to those ladies who fed all the children on what the
government food commodities
program sent.
A gruff WW II Supply Sergeant would bow to their craft & creativeness.
If you want child abuse in that era, just smart off at one and see what
happened
when Momma found out.....DAMHIK....

Hubert