Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Putting frozen steaks on the grill?

wrote:
> We bought 25 pounds of steaks this week. The guy said to just put the
> frozen steaks on a hot grill, 3 minutes per side, and then cook them
> to taste.
>
> I'm a little skeptical of this...I've always thawed my meat before
> grilling.
>
> Any comments on this?

You need to say *what* steaks, and what degree of doneness you
desire... there are just too many variables to give a general reply to
fit all circumstances, not without a lot more info. In any event for
someone with as little grilling experience as you seem to possess I
would not suggest just tossing 25 pounds of steaks on the grill all in
one fell swoop regardless their frozen, thawed, or anywhere in between
state. And who is this "guy" you've mentioned... could be the kid what
stocks the canned goods, who's thinking ground fast food mystery meat
steaks.

Sheldon