Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rusty[_1_] Rusty[_1_] is offline

Default School Cafeteria Recipes - Comfort or Discomfort Food?

I found a website that has USDA school cafeteria recipes. Remember
school cafeteria carrot-raisin salad, cornbread, chili, pizza? In some
cases it was comfort food and in others it was discomfort food. Some of
the recipes look better than when I was in elementary school mumble
years ago. At least I don't see any recipes for gelatin with vegetables
or fruit embedded in it. The recipes are in PDF format and are for 50
and 100 servings. Do you need 100-servings of carrot-raisin salad? At
least Mastercook will scale them down.

Here is the URL to the recipe list. You will need to have Adope Acrobat
Reader installed in order to view the recipes. Right click on the
recipe title to save it to you hard disk.

http://www.nfsmi.org/Information/sch...dex_alpha.html

Here is a list of some of the recipes:

Apple Cobbler
Apple Crisp
Apple-Honey Crisp
Applesauce Cake
Arroz con Queso (Rice with Cheese)
Baked Beans (Using Canned Vegetarian Beans)
Baked Cajun Fish
Baked Fish Scandia

Baked French Toast Strips
Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Baking Powder Biscuits
Banana Bread Squares
Barbecued Beef or Pork on Roll (Using Canned Meats)
Barbecued Chicken
Barbeque Sauce
Bean Burrito
Bean Soup
Bean Taco
Beef and Bean Tamale Pie
Beef or Pork Burrito
Beef or Pork Burrito (Using Canned Meats)
Beef or Pork Taco
Beef or Pork Taco (Using Canned Meats)
Beef Shepherds Pie
Beef Stew