Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_1_] sf[_1_] is offline

Default Removing Cheesecake from springform pan

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:41:28 -0800, Doug wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
> the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
> platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
> crust fall apart?

Crust isn't right if you made it right (don't short the butter).
you've buttered the pan and prebaked the crust. There are two other
tricks to use: line the bottom of the pan with waxed paper/parchment
(just pull it off), use an old fashioned cake spatula to loosen the
bottom.... or just put it on the serving plate on the removable bottom
of the springform pan. It's not a big deal, in any case.