Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Storing sour cream upside down prevents spoilage?

"Abe" > wrote in message
>>>Does storing plastic containers with sour cream or cottage cheese
>>>upside down in the fridge really make it last longer?

>>How long are you trying to keep it for?

> Supposedly makes it last a week or 2 longer.

Perhaps this is why ALL the sour cream at Costco is leaking down the sides
and edges of the container. A while back a checker when checking out my
sour cream or ricotta turned it upside down. I asked her why she did that;
I really can't remember exactly what she said, but I didn't connect it with
the messy containers. I've been refusing to buy their sour cream, but this
week I noticed that they weren't messy. Perhaps the lids are on tighter, or
someone doesn't know this secret. I've not heard of it before.
Dee Dee