Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Will a mango ripen once cut?

In article . com>,
"Jennyanniedots" > wrote:

> >>Put it in a bag with some ripe bannanas......

> I don't think I can at this point. It's cubed and peeled....but the
> question is, can fruit continue to ripen after it's been cut?
>
> -Jen

Maybe, maybe not.

Put it in a bowl. Put the bowl in a bag. Put a ripe bannana or two in
the bag.

If it does not have the proper environment, it'll rot before it ripens.
I've made that mistake with avocados, AND Mangos.

Bannanas are my "secret weapon" for errors in opening underipe fruits.

Do this in the 'frige.
--
Peace, Om.