Posted to rec.food.equipment
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Power surge ruined my KitchenAid oven. Should I buy the same again?

On 5 Mar 2006 14:27:10 -0800, "kbarch" > wrote:

>It's a long and sorry story, but I need to replace a 24" Kichen Aid
>double convection electric wall oven that was less than 3 years old.
>
>In brief, we had a power outage, and then apparently a surge when the
>power went back on.

Snip rest of story

>Anyone want to weigh in on this? I would really appreciate it.

This happened to me with a GE Dishwasher and the board was fried. I
was advised by the appliance repair people, GE service (by phone) and
by my electrician to get surge protection put in. If you did so, you
should have no hesitation to buy whatever brand and model you wish, as
the circuitry will be protected and not affect the appliances.

IANAE, heaven knows, but the article below mentions it, too.

Boron

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/know...387874,00.html