Posted to rec.food.equipment
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Smooth top ranges vs coil

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Damn! I've got an offer in to the manager of the appliance store where
> I expect to buy. She's got a smooth top and my offer includes the whole
> friggin' batch of strawberry jam for her if she'll let me try to make it
> on her unit. I haven't heard back from her so I'm not holding my
> breath. Dangitall. Glad to hear about the weight stuff, Steve.
>
> I'm aware of the bridge burner thang and the warming unit. Can't see a
> need for myself, but clearly mileage varies. I told my sales guy that
> what I'd LIKE is a three burner stove! Two big ones and a small one.
> Right now I've got a dead small burner in the back and I absolutely have
> not missed it in the last year or so since it's been gone. :-)
> -Barb

The bridge burner and warmer is one of those YMMV kind of
things. Only time I've used the bridge was when we had
company and I wanted the griddle for breakfast.

The warmer? I use that for <drum roll please> keepin' stuff
warm. Like softly finishing rice, keeping mashed
potatoes until the roast is finished, gravies, etc...
Again though, that's proabably a personal thing and that's
why they make all kinds of stuff, right?

Good luck with the manager! I'd be absolutely amazed if
your cookware wouldn't work on a decent flat top.

--
Steve
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.