Posted to rec.food.equipment
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Smooth top ranges vs coil

Nyssa wrote:

> I don't know about the specific model you have in mind, but
> a friend and I had *big* plans about doing some canning in
> her newly remodeled kitchen ($20K pricetag!). She got a
> smooth top stove as part of the upgrade.
>
> Luckily we did a "dry run" before my garden started putting
> out, because neither of my BWB canners (pint and quart sizes)
> or my 22qt pressure canner would work on her beautiful new
> stovetop.

You give no specifics. If it's a flat bottom pressure cooker
I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Heat is heat, no
matter what source it comes from. The only reason I can see
that it wouldn't work is that the bottom had some serious
shape differentials which caused extremely poor heat
transfer. But that's a known condition of flat tops.

Mine *cranks* out heat. I defy any flat bottom unit to not
severely boil on high.

--
Steve
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.