Posted to rec.food.preserving
Bob (this one) Bob (this one) is offline

Default Dehydrating cooked noodles

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> I have recently bought a food dehydrator. I would like to dehydrate
> cooked noodles to make instant meals with. I want to make up little
> packages of dried food, such as noodles, some dried vegetables and
> soup powder and put them in little bags.
>
> Then I can dump a bag in a bowl, add hot water and have an instant meal
> without the high fat content of fried noodles, the high salt and MSG
> content of commercial products and at a lower cost.

Unfortunately, it won't work that way. The noodles in instant soup
packages aren't just regular noodles that have been cooked and run
through a dehydrator. Dehydrated veggies won't reconstitute instantly;
some require a period of either simmering or soaking in hot water.

I'm afraid this won't happen as you would wish.

Pastorio