Posted to rec.food.preserving
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Dehydrating cooked noodles

I have recently bought a food dehydrator. I would like to dehydrate
cooked noodles to make instant meals with. I want to make up little
packages of dried food, such as noodles, some dried vegetables and
soup powder and put them in little bags.

Then I can dump a bag in a bowl, add hot water and have an instant meal
without the high fat content of fried noodles, the high salt and MSG
content of commercial products and at a lower cost.

I can also tailor them to exactly what each person likes, there are four
of us in the family and we all have different tastes. :-)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

BTW, what are they called in the U.S.? In Israel they are called "mana hama"
(hot meals, but with a biblical connotation). When I lived in the U.S. they
were called "ramen noodles", but ramen were only noodles and soup in plastic
wrap, they did not include vegetables or come in a container.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/