Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Where to buy MSG

iarwain wrote:
> I recently wanted to try a recipe containing MSG, but I was unable to
> find it in any local grocery store. I then looked online and was
> unable to find a source either. Have they stopped making it? I know
> some people have reported harmful reactions to it, although I remember
> my mother using it on occasion and we never had any trouble with it.
> Is there an online source for it anywhere or has the FDA banned it
> entirely?

If you're feeling flush you can buy Accent. For a lot less cabbage you
can purchase MSG on line from various venders, including Penzeys. Or
check your neighborhood ethnic markets, they typically carry no-name
MSG in one or two pound bulk plastic containers for even less cash and
no shipping... look in the bulk spice section.

Sheldon