hahabogus

Default Best oil for French Fries?

Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
4:

> Default > deliciously posted in
> :
>
>> What's the best oil for French Fries? I'm guessing the healthiest
>> ones aren't the best tasting, but at the moment I have no idea what's
>> healthy OR good tasting oil, so any input is appreciated.

> I use canola oil and it works well. I do not reuse or recycle the oil.
>
> Michael

I make fries so infrequently these days...But when I made them more often I
used a mix of canola and lard. The gourmet fries lovers (my kids and their
friends) liked them better than McD's. But it's been a while.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.