Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Thin Sliced Ribeye

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2006 07:24:02 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > If it was dripping with Guinness when you put it in the pan, then your
> > culprit is at least partly moisure which would produce steam and prevent
> > browning. Meat going on a grill pan, skillet, or even outdoor grill
> > should
> > have very dry surfaces in order to sear properly.

> bingo!

Heh! Yeah.
When I "marinate" steaks for frying, I don't actually soak them.
I just use what marinade I want, (generally soy sauce, teryaki sauce,
and/or Hoisin sauce now that I've finally bought some) and sprinkle just
enough on the steak to cover it and let it soak in. I sort of sprinkle
it over it then rub it into the steak with my fingers. Additional dry
seasonings get sprinkled on top.
--
Om.