Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses

Default Splenda for Pickles?

George Shirley wrote:

> Brian Mailman wrote:
> > The Joneses wrote:
> >
> >> ... Shoot, it's late and the Maker's Mark has kicked in. Glad all the
> >> ironing's done, any mistakes there could be dangerous in this condition.

> > Not to mention it's a bad idea to pickle when pickled.
> >
> > B/, a Maker's Mark guy himself (scotch tastes like INK)

> Personally I always preferred George Dickel, 12 year old. Ain't nothing
> like sour mash with a splash of branch water. Haven't had a drink since
> 1976 but I can still remember the taste. Ahh, yout. And that's
> deliberate, a salute to Joe Pesci and "My Cousin Vinnie."
>
> George

I liked that movie, the gal pal was a hoot. I don't drink so much - just a
little for my health's sake Made a sweet whiskey sauce with butter & cream
for the bread pudding this week - wish I hadn't. It's okay, just not fab. OB
Preserving - that sweet sirup oughta last forever in the fridge. Probably don't
even need to chill it!
Had my flirt with the demon in the service and it runs in the family. We're
pretty careful. Glad to hear you're doing better George.
Edrena