Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses

Default Splenda for Pickles?

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Can I substitute granular "measure for measure" Splenda for granulated sugar
> in bread & butter pickles using the usual recipe and processing methods?
> TIA
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I've made a lot of pickles with Splenda, especially B&B. I don't use it measure
for measure, usually only 1/2 or 3/4 of measure. And do decrease the salt by
half. I'd add the Splenda to taste, then salt. That balance needs to be there to
be right. Shoot, it's late and the Maker's Mark has kicked in. Glad all the
ironing's done, any mistakes there could be dangerous in this condition. Good
luck and let us know how you go on.
Edrena