Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

Default Pans for Boston Brown Bread

wrote:
> It sounds like I can use foil bread pans. Yes?

Yes, you can really use most any sort of baking pan. The foil bread
ones will definitely work, but do remember that you will have more
surface area, so watch for the top of loaves drying out as they bake.
The original and very simple intention for baking in the cans is so
that the baked goods slice round and present well. I use my cans for
making little cakes, too. As long as the cake recipe is a rather
final-moist one, that is. On real lazy and otherwise boring days I
like to make lots of canned cake to freeze for later gifts, and there's
all sorts of wacky or pretty ways the little cake rolls can be
cut-altered and decorated (or not) as gifts, especially to folks living
alone so there's less chance for waste (or waist!).

Bake away, you'll do just fine with bread pans.

Picky