scott123 scott123 is offline
Experienced Member

For a long time I thought the same thing because of the their appearance.

If you taste the two peppers next to each other, the cayenne will clock in with a substantially high scoville unit. When I convert a recipe from arbol to cayenne, I have to reduce the quantity by half or the dish will be too hot.

I love the taste of arbol. Cayenne is mostly heat to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pope
I sometimes buy powdered Chili Arbol from a local store;
in my experience it is identical in color, hotness and
flavor to cayenne. Wikipedia says the are the same biological
species.

Is there any difference?

Steve