Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elaine Parrish

Default How long does pizza dough keep in a fridge?

On 28 Dec 2005 wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I was wondering how long pizza dough keeps in the fridge. I thought it
> might be good to simply keep decent quantities in the fridge and pull
> it out when im hungry and roll me a pizza base without all the mess of
> flour, sticky fingers etc everytime.
>
> Also, how about pizza sauce? Does that keep long before it starts going
> off taste?
>
> Cheers
>
> Burnsy

I'm not real familiar with the specifics of pizza dough, but sauce freezes
beautifully. You can cook it, divide it into portions and freeze it in
what ever kind of container that you like best. I like the zipper bags.

Here, we can buy all sorts of frozen yeast bread doughs. Those I have
tried work fine. So, you should be able to freeze your dough. Whether you
should freeze it in a ball or log or all ready rolled out into a pizza
shape, I don't know.

Elaine, too