Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook

Default How long does pizza dough keep in a fridge?

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi again,
>
> I was wondering how long pizza dough keeps in the fridge. I thought it
> might be good to simply keep decent quantities in the fridge and pull
> it out when im hungry and roll me a pizza base without all the mess of
> flour, sticky fingers etc everytime.

It will last about 5 days in the fridge. After that the yeast start to die
and the dough turns a grayish color. It can still be cooked and eaten but
it will have a sourdough flavor and it will not rise very much. Perfectly
edible just the same. You can also freeze dough. I keep a few 1 pound
balls of dough in the freezer. Double wrap them and they'll keep 6 months.

> Also, how about pizza sauce? Does that keep long before it starts going
> off taste?

Sauce is good for about a week or two. You can also freeze the sauce.
Being acidic it keeps longer but it will grow mold after a couple weeks.

Paul