Posted to alt.food.barbecue
D. Winsor

Default sub for peanut oil in turkey fryer?

"ms_peacock" > wrote in message
"That's what I figured. He's also allergic to corn so corn oil is also out.
Poor dude is allergic to all sorts of things."

Some people have allergies so severe they can have a reaction to food
prepared on a surface which has come into contact with their trigger food.
How well seasoned is your fry pot in peanut oil? Whenever I'm in doubt
about the severity of an allergy, I recommend the fruit cup to such people.
You'd be surprised how many back peddle the severity of their "supposed"
allergy to minor or just dislike for some aspect of the item served.

I find allergies are one of the most misused gastronomique claims people use
to get what they want. The people who misuse allergies to feed their own
petulant picky tastes create a real danger to those who have genuine and
dangerous allergies. Remember! You can't be helpful or cautious with
genuine allergies. It's lucky that helpful and cautious double as severe
and tight with the people trying to manipulate your menu with their
supposedly "severe" allergies.