Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38

Default Yorkshire Pudding

Aria wrote:

> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that they love for yorky pudding?
> There are so many recipes out there and they are all different. Not sure
> which one to use. Especially not sure about how much pan drippings to put
> into the muffin tins.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Yorkshire Pudding

Recipe By : Graham Kerr, in pre heart attack days
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef Breads

2 cups flour
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
beef drippings

*raise oven temp. to 400 degrees and place pudding in oven when your
roast beef has about 25 min left to
cook. In this way the joint will have the necessary 20 min to rest
before carving and be ready at the same time
as the pudding.

Sift together flour and salt, slowly mixing in eggs and milk.
Cover and allow to stand for at least one hour in a warm place. Beat well.
Heat drippings from roast beef in the oven. There should be sufficient
to cover an 8 inch round cake tin by 1/4
inch.
When blue haze leaves the surface, pour in batter. Place on top rung
of oven for 45 min. (If I make it in muffin
cups I bake 25 min) Serve immediately.