Posted to rec.food.baking
Jenn Ridley

Default Pizza Screen vs. Stone

"Wendy" > wrote:
> Vox writes:

>> The point of using parchment is to get the pizza or other item into and
>> out of the oven. It has nothing to do with "seasoning" the stone. Like
>> many problems in life there are often many solutions. You have to choose what
>> works for you. Some people like parchment, some like cornmeal, and some
>> like neither. I say use what works.

>I think we must be talking about two different things here. The stone I'm
>using has the pizza on it which is why I can't figure out the need for
>parchment in this instance. I use parchment all the time for other things.

The proper way to use a stone is to leave it in the oven to get hot,
and slide the prepared pizza onto it. Many people use a peel and
cornmeal between the peel and the pizza dough. This is one way of
doing it, by no means the only.

The parchment is a way to get the pizza onto the stone. Put the
parchment on a peel (or not, you can just use the parchment w/o a
peel), place the pizza on the parchment, place the parchment on the
stone, slip the parchment out from under the pizza.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley :