Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default Pizza Screen vs. Stone

"Wendy" > wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1135090592.43463.rec.food.baking@ma il.otherwhen.com...
> If the point is to season the stone I don't know how parchment paper would
> do that. I have a stone and love it. Works very well. As I recall I

used
> cornmeal to begin but not necessary now. wendy

The point of using parchment is to get the pizza or other item into and out
of the oven. It has nothing to do with "seasoning" the stone. Like many
problems in life there are often many solutions. You have to choose what
works for you. Some people like parchment, some like cornmeal, and some
like neither. I say use what works. Some people insist that you must never
clean your baking stone. I put mine through the self-clean cycle. It works
for me, but if someone else has a different idea, then they should do what
works for them. When people have unsolved problems, I think they should
keep an open mind, seek advice, experiment, and choose the best solution for
themselves.