Posted to rec.food.cooking
alan

Default Internal Temperature of Brisket

Sheldon,

Thanks. I ran down and opened the oven a bit and put it down to 275.
It's dry roasted but, I put finey chopped garlic, onion soup, lots of
ketchup and lots of onions on top, so that should help to keep it
moist and I had aluminum foil on from the beginning.

The internal temperature was up to 201 a minute ago, now it's 198.
It's now three hours of cooking. So I think the patient will survive.
Since I posted this thread, I checked out the web and I saw internal
cooking temperatures from 140, which will be like a brick to 210. it's
down to 197. I am surprised it's going down so fast. I wonder if
it's picking up any of the temperature from the oven. The probe is in
pretty far, just not all the way. Now it's 196

Alan