Posted to rec.food.cooking
alan

Default Internal Temperature of Brisket

Since I got this remote probe themometer by Maverick, I thought I
would try it out on the Brisket today and the Turkey tomorrow before
deciding whether or not to keep it..

However, I have no idea what temperature Brisket gets soft but not
falling apart. I usually poke it with a fork. Is there a temperature
that denotes that state? Right now after 2 hours and 15 minutes of
cooking with the the first 25 minutes at 500 and the rest at 350, the
themometer says 183 degrees. I know it's not even close to done yet.
Have any of you used a themometer for Brisket to at least preventing
forgetting about it and really nuking it to deaeth. I know that's
hard with Brisket but it;'s not a bad idea to know a range at which
you need to be careful.

Now it's 186 degrees.

Alan