Posted to rec.food.cooking
jillie

Default Fried Meyer lemon slices

The slices were from a whole lemon...rind and all.

The slices were paper thin, and they were delicious.

After Spitz mentioned that Mario Batalia made them, I went to
foodnetwork.com and found the recipe. Nothing to it and I think I'll
be making these to garnish my sliced turkey platter for Thanksgiving.
That is, if I don't eat them all before they get to the dining room!

Here is Mario's recipe...
Lemon Crisps
4 cups vegetable oil
2 lemons
1 1/2 cups rice flour
Watercress, for garnish

In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, heat 1 to 2 inches of the
oil in a deep saucepot to about 250 degrees F. Cut off the ends of the
lemons. Using a sharp mandolin, slice the lemons into thin rings about
1/16th of an inch. Coat each ring individually in the rice flour and
fry in the hot oil until it begins to slightly brown. Remove from the
oil and place on a paper towel and allow them to sit for a minute to
fully cook.

jillie
Roseville, CA