jmcquown

Default Crawfish: What to do with precooked, whole crawfish

Tara wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2004 13:28:52 -0800, (DoctorK)
> wrote:
>
>> I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
>> (near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
>> in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked
>> crawfish. If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare
>> (re-heat) these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a
>> few minutes? Would that make them too tough?

> I would steam them in a colander over simmering water to reheat.
>
> Tara

Double boiler trick, perhaps. Funny, while I was awake early this morning
with a sick cat Bert Wolf was on PBS talking about double boilers, toast,
burgers and cheese sauce. I ran into the man at an office building when I
was about 28 years old; he used to live in Memphis. He gave me the look-see
and asked if I knew anything about cooking as I walked down the steps. I
just smiled.