tert in seattle

Default How to eat pizza - fingers or knife and fork?

writes:

>Doug Freyburger wrote:
>> cathyxyz wrote:
>> >
>> > Any preference?

>> "Act like the natives". Go to a place that has
>> sit-down service that sells the sytle of pizza
>> you want. Watch how most people eat it. Then
>> do it that way. The answer will be different
>> in different geographies.

>But why do you care how "most people" act?

In Italy or at least Northern Italy I didn't see anyone eat a pizza
with their hands. You have to use a fork and knife since the pizza
isn't cut for you before it leaves the kitchen. If you cut the pizza
into slices and pick those up with your hands you will be stared at.
At least I think that's why they were staring at me.