A. J. Rawls

All Bentonite is not equal... I notice that kits come with a finely
ground form of bentonite called "Quick Bentonite" and it almost
dissolves. I made kit wines (Winexpert and Brewery Lane) using the
bentonite in primary and the wine cleared brilliantly... I skipped
the bentonite in a couple of batches and they did not clear until I
used another fining agent (Super Kleer) on them.

Finely ground Bentonite stirred into primary works very well if you
stir it like mad.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 05:57:47 GMT, Adam Preble