limey

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message >
> Dora, did I read somewhere that Bird's was not going to make the custard
> anymore?
>
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

What? The end of the British Empire?
Seriously, the link below was interesting to me - I didn't know Premier
Foods had acquired Bird's -- from Kraft!! I didn't even know Kraft had
acquired Bird's. I can only assume the custard powder is still being made,
since it has always been popular and such a timesaver. Don't know, though.

My own thoughts are that the OP is perhaps not cooking it quite long enough,
or using the wrong milk grade. It also thickens as it cools slightly, so
it's hard to tell what he's doing.

Dora