Lavarock

Skookum wrote:
> I wish I did. I get up at 4:30 a.m. every morning, 2 hours before the
> rest of the household. I make a pot on my Cuisinart and stand guard as
> it sputters the last water into the filter, flicking the machine off
> seconds ahead of the shrill beep sequence. My microwave does this too.
> Ah, for the 50s!

You seem to be skirting the issue. You have several alternatives rather
than disconnecting the beeper.

1) You could get a job which starts two hours later, thus causing the
beep to occur as everyone else is getting up

2) You could decide to only make 1/2 a pot, thus causing the beeper to
only beep for half as... wait, no, that won't work, never mind! Perhaps
making the coffee only half as strong?

3) Just as wine lovers have a wine cellar, you could create a coffee
preparation room which is heavily reinforced with soundproofing. This
room could also be far enough from the rest of the family so that you
don't have to share any of the extra special coffees your brew

4) As smokers used to have a smoking jacket, you could create a coffee
cover, this cover could be of sufficient deading material that it could
cover the machine during its last hurrah of brew time

5) With a tip of the hat to the late Don Adams, two words, "Cone Of
Silence"! (would you believe 3?)

--

Aloha from Captain Cook, Hawaii
http://ItsKona.Com