Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Dwayne"
> wrote:

> We made grape jelly 2 weeks ago and the jars didn't seal. The wife's
> method is to turn the jars over for 5 minutes after putting the caps
> and lids on, and then setting them upright. This year they didn't
> "ping". Will the jelly be OK since they haven't been opened, or can
> we HWB them now? If we HWB, do we have to replace the lids or will
> these work since they are still pretty new? Thanks. Dwayne

Dwayne, I'd empty them, heat the jelly and re-jar it to hot jars, use
new lids (why take another chance?), don't screw the rings beyond
fingertip tight, and BWB for 5 minutes. You might lose some cosmetic
value. See how much time she would have saved if she'd just
waterbath-ed it to start with? "-)

If you want to just leave them alone and have the fridge space, stick
them in there - they'll likely be fine.

Good luck.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 9-26-05